We're Here to Help
As we continue to monitor ongoing developments related to the coronavirus (COVID-19), please know that we have robust business continuity plans in place to continue providing exceptional, uninterrupted service – all while helping our customers and employees stay safe.
Here are some of the ways we’re helping our customers, employees and communities during this time:
- Providing billing relief for all U.S. customers, including suspending cancellation and nonrenewal of coverage due to nonpayment through May 15, 2020 (no interest, late fees or penalties will be charged).
- Adjusting the claim inspection process to rely more heavily on state-of-the-art digital and virtual tools.
- Conducting virtual premium audits for an extra measure of safety.
- Providing telemedicine options for injured employees through workers compensation, including a temporary telerehabilitation program for those who are concerned about or unable to attend physical therapy visits in person.
- Pledging $5 million to COVID-19 relief efforts to assist families and communities across North America, the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland.
- $3.5 million to charities that are providing essential services to address urgent, unmet needs, including emergency assistance for hourly workers, food and shelter for vulnerable populations, stability to small businesses and resources to mitigate disruptions in education.
- $1 million to pay the wages and health benefits for eligible third-party contract employees who provide services at the company’s offices, ensuring that these individuals, who would have otherwise been laid off, remain employed.
- $500,000 to a special matching program for employees who wish to contribute to causes related to COVID-19. Under the program, the company will match – on a 2-for-1 basis – employee contributions to designated organizations.
- Repurposing our Hartford kitchen facilities to aid nonprofits in the preparation and delivery of meals.
- Creating an employee-led effort to help health care workers in Connecticut, Maryland, Minnesota and New York by gathering donations to cover the costs of meals for hospitals in those regions. The effort will also help small businesses, as the meals will be provided by local restaurants.
- Enabling remote work for nearly all employees.
- Providing equipment, supplies and resources to help employees work safely and seamlessly from home.
- Partnering with our food services vendor to create a program for Hartford-area employees to easily order and pick up essential groceries and pre-made meals at our main campus.
- Reimbursing commuting costs associated with private transportation for worksite-essential employees who would normally take public transportation.
We will always be here when you need us. If there is anything that we can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us.