We are actively monitoring developments related to COVID-19 and adapting our practices to support the needs of our customers, agents, brokers, employees and communities. We have robust business resiliency plans in place to ensure exceptional, uninterrupted service, while maintaining the safety of everyone involved.
Below are some of the ways we’re helping our customers, agents, brokers, employees and communities during this time. You can also download our efforts at a glance here.
- Giving U.S. personal auto insurance customers a 15% credit on their April, May and June premiums.
- Working with business customers and their agents and brokers to address specific needs based on underwriting and state regulatory requirements, including:
- Providing premium credits for commercial auto policyholders whose vehicles have been taken off the road.
- Adjusting exposures for general liability and workers compensation policies, taking into account reduced payroll, sales and receipts.
- Adjusting the claim inspection process to rely more heavily on state-of-the-art digital and virtual tools.
- Conducting virtual premium audits for an extra measure of safety.
- Providing telemedicine options for injured employees through workers compensation, including a temporary telerehabilitation program for those who are concerned about attending or unable to attend physical therapy visits in person.
- Helping customers who are experiencing financial hardships by offering solutions based on their unique circumstances.
- Continuing to provide Risk Control services to our business customers through virtual risk assessments and webinars. We are also offering specific guidance on protecting workers and assets during shelter-in-place orders, as well as counsel on how to manage the eventual return to worksites.
- Providing more than $100 million in accelerated commission payments to eligible agents and brokers.
- Pledged $5 million to COVID-19 relief efforts to assist families and communities across North America, the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland.
- $3.5 million to charities that are providing essential services to address urgent, unmet needs, including emergency assistance for hourly workers, food and shelter for vulnerable populations, stability to small businesses and resources to mitigate disruptions in education.
- $1 million to pay the wages and health benefits for eligible third-party contract employees who provide services at the company’s offices, ensuring that these individuals, who would have otherwise been laid off, remain employed.
- $500,000 to a special matching program for employees who wish to contribute to causes related to COVID-19. Under the program, the company will match – on a 2-for-1 basis – employee contributions to designated organizations.
- Repurposed our Hartford kitchen facilities to aid nonprofits in the preparation and delivery of meals.
- Created an employee-led effort to help health care workers in Connecticut, Maryland, Minnesota and New York by gathering donations to cover the costs of meals for hospitals in those regions. The effort will also help small businesses, as the meals will be provided by local restaurants.
- Working with a food bank in Minnesota to replenish their pantry with necessary items.
- Offering virtual volunteer opportunities for employees, including one-on-one mentoring, reading children’s books and donating professional time and guidance.
- Enabled remote work for nearly all employees.
- Provided equipment, supplies and resources to help employees work safely and seamlessly from home.
- Providing worksite-essential employees with appropriate safety equipment.
- Cleaning offices in accordance with guidelines set by the CDC and OSHA.
- Promoting mental health resources to assist employees adversely affected by the current circumstances.
- Partnering with our food services vendor to create a program for Hartford-area employees to easily order and pick up essential groceries and pre-made meals at our main campus.
- Reimbursing commuting costs associated with private transportation for worksite-essential employees who would normally take public transportation.
We will always be here when you need us. If there is anything that we can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us.