Information Technology Summer Internship Program
The Travelers Information Technology Summer Internship Program provides highly motivated and qualified students an opportunity to gain first-hand experience, receive valuable on-the-job training and learn about the many technology professions available in the insurance industry. Our interns are viewed as a key source of future talent for entry-level IT careers within the company.
Program components include:
- Challenging professional work experience in the insurance industry
- Planned activities that give interns insight into business, technology and the many career options at Travelers
- Company-wide events such as an Intern Symposium, tours of Hartford, Conn., and Saint Paul, Minn., campuses and intern networking events
- Interaction with many levels of leadership and management
- Intern Capstone Project where students work together and present on relevant business and technology topics
Internship positions may be in disciplines such as:
- Application development
- Quality assurance
- Business analysis
- IT project management
- Infrastructure support
- Systems management
- Virtual infrastructure
- Storage management
You should have a passion for both technology and business and pursue an IT-related undergraduate or graduate degree with a preferred overall GPA of 3.2 or higher.
Additional requirements are:
- Desire for a career in the field of Information Technology
- Technical background
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Extracurricular involvement
- Motivation to succeed
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Computer science
- Computer and electrical engineering
- Information technology
- Mathematics with a minor in information technology
- Management information systems
Positions are available in Hartford, Conn., and Saint Paul, Minn., beginning in early June for 10 to 12 weeks. Subsidized housing may be available for interns who live beyond a commutable distance.
How to Apply or back to Internship Opportunities
Travelers offers a wide range of career opportunities in North America and Europe.
Click on a link below to explore our current openings and discover a career at Travelers.