Insurance Operations Internship Program
The Insurance Operations Internship Program provides qualified students with an excellent opportunity to obtain industry knowledge, receive valuable on-the-job technical training and learn about the many Travelers Operations professions. Interns are provided exposure to all levels of management and have the chance to collaborate and network with other development program participants during business workshops, work assignments and social events.
Successful performance during the internship could lead to a full-time position upon graduation in our Insurance Operations Leadership Development Program (IOLDP). The goal of the IOLDP is to attract and develop individuals with diverse backgrounds and prepare them for responsible leadership positions in Operations.
- Challenging professional work experience in the insurance industry
- Business overviews, speaker forums and career development workshops
- Formal mentoring program
- Subsidized apartments for students who live beyond a commutable distance
- Intern-run committees such as the Networking and Community Involvement Committee
- Competitive hourly rate
- Preferred GPA of 3.2 or greater
- Communication, collaboration and leadership abilities
- Initiative and motivation to succeed
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates self-awareness
- Involvement in school organizations and activities
- Approximate work availability from May through August (10-12 weeks)
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Business and technology
- Business management
- Industrial engineering
- Liberal arts and sciences
- Management engineering
- Management information systems
- Operations and information management
- Risk management and insurance
- Supply chain and operations
Internships are located in Hartford, Conn., and St. Paul, Minn. There are also potential opportunities to work in one of our field office locations.
How to Apply or back to Internship Opportunities
Travelers offers a wide range of career opportunities in North America and Europe.
Click on a link below to explore our current openings and discover a career at Travelers.