Product Pricing Development Program Internship
As a Product Pricing Development Program intern, you will play an integral role in the Product Management organization of Travelers Personal Insurance. Personal Insurance is the fastest growing section of Travelers and provides interns with the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of fast-paced projects and training.
All internships are designed to be challenging and developmental. Interns are given the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects during the course of the summer. Some examples of these projects include:
- A group capstone project, which is a five-week research project that culminates with a final presentation to senior management and other members of our Personal Insurance business
- Quantifying the impact of pricing and underwriting decisions
- Analyzing the marketplace first-hand through competitor and industry data
- Participating in the negotiation of pricing decisions with various distribution channels, including visits to agencies in the field
- Researching and analyzing industry trends, competitor activity and regulatory changes
- Developing and implementing underwriting guidelines and product coverage enhancements
- Collaborating with Claim, Legal and field staff to support claim settlement inquiries
- Participating in introductions of new products and enhancements to multi-state territories
Travelers is a business leader in providing products and services to a variety of clients. Consistently meeting customer needs gives us the edge in the insurance and financial industry. To maintain that edge, we seek persons with the following qualifications:
- A cumulative GPA of 3.2 or greater is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Involvement in extracurricular activities is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Access, Office and Excel is a plus
- Work availability from mid-May through August (10-12 weeks)
- Ideal candidates will have the ability to deal with concepts and complexity comfortably, and exhibit the ability to drill down on information and draw conclusions
- Legally eligible to work in the United States on a permanent full-time basis
- Actuarial Science
- Risk management and insurance
Positions are available in Hartford, Conn. Some interns who do not live within a commutable distance to Hartford may be eligible for subsidized housing.
How to Apply or back to Internship Opportunities
Travelers offers a wide range of career opportunities in North America and Europe.
Click on a link below to explore our current openings and discover a career at Travelers.