Research and Development Internship Program
The Research and Development (RDP) Summer Internship Program provides qualified students an excellent opportunity to gain first hand business experience and work with research and statistical modeling staff engaged in data mining, predictive modeling and other analytic and actuarial type research.
- Business overviews, speaker forums and career development workshops
- Exposure to all levels of management
- Formal mentoring program
- Collaboration and networking opportunities with other development program participants
- Intern-run committees
- Competitive hourly rate
- Current enrollment in Master’s or PhD degree program; strong undergraduates will also be considered
- Preferred cumulative overall GPA 3.2 or greater
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Aptitude and desire to learn modeling techniques and industry essentials
- Extra-curricular involvement on campus or in the community
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Other analytic related majors will also be considered
Positions are available in Hartford, Connecticut, and St. Paul, Minnesota, beginning in May or early June and last approximately 10 to 12 weeks. Subsidized apartments are available for interns who live beyond a commutable distance.
Back to Internship Opportunities
Travelers offers a wide range of career opportunities in North America and Europe.
Click on a link below to explore our current openings and discover a career at Travelers.