Analytics career opportunities
Experienced analytics professionals are essential to Travelers' success – being able to spot opportunities within patterns of risk adds to our bottom line and helps our company avoid losses. We have a world-class Actuarial and Analytics Leadership Development Program (AALDP) for candidates just entering the profession, and we have numerous opportunities at more senior levels, including opportunities to move from one product line to another. To help prepare for these roles, the AALDP gives participants challenging rotational assignments in different core actuarial and analytics functions across the Travelers organization where participants provide exceptional business value.
Techniques such as stochastic gradient boosting, neural networks, Bayesian networks and other advanced methods are now being used to:
- Improve sales.
- Drive underwriting policies and decisions.
- Manage and prevent claims.
- Increase customer retention.
- Improve overall risk management.
Analyzing business trends, developing business metrics and performing business driver analyses are just a few types of analytics our teams perform.
Our statisticians are well known within the insurance industry for using cutting-edge concepts and technologies. We are continuously looking for exceptional statisticians at all career stages.
Positions currently available
- Associate, Advanced Analytics: This position provides technical and quantitative analysis for the Select Business Intelligence Analytics group. With guidance from senior staff, this individual assists in predictive modeling, forecasting, optimization and other modeling and research by applying advanced statistical concepts.
- Economist: This is an exciting and challenging leadership opportunity in Travelers Middle Market Actuarial unit, responsible for pioneering the integration of advanced econometric modeling in the development of ultimate loss estimates. This role requires close working relationships with the business, product and data units within the Middle Market Actuarial unit.
- Second Vice President of Strategic Initiatives: This role is responsible for leading a team of technical professionals engaged in the research, data mining and predictive modeling efforts for our direct marketing area to identify profitable and unprofitable segments of the business for pricing, underwriting and marketing.
Travelers offers a wide range of career opportunities in North America and Europe.
Click on a link below to explore our current openings and discover a career at Travelers.