Underwriting Leader Position Available in Brazil
About the Position:
Travelers is looking for a superior underwriting professional to function as the company’s primary property and casualty underwriting leader on the ground in Brazil. In this role, you will work closely with U.S. and international functional partners and leadership, the Emerging Markets support team and local Brazilian Joint Venture management, to help facilitate the creation of a new P&C underwriting operation, which embodies Travelers’ collaborative underwriting approach and institutionalizes best practices for both product delivery and underwriting oversight for the Brazilian Joint Venture.
This position will be located in Curitiba or Sao Paulo, Brazil, with an expected duration of two to three years. The position reports to the Brazil Business Development Officer, with a matrix reporting relationship to the VP, Underwriting Services - International.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Underwriting Risk Appetite and Authority
- Define and develop the property and casualty underwriting risk appetite, authority levels, underwriting and control protocols including documentation requirements, strategy and procedures for the Brazilian P&C Joint Venture.
- Generate and lead new product initiatives.
- Provide expertise, guidance and feedback at prescribed touch points in connection with the product development process.
Underwriting Audits and Procedures
- Establish a checks and balance process that methodically documents the compliance with underwriting standards put into place.
- Implement business controls, which include internal underwriting audits, conducted by/on the Brazilian Joint Venture to ensure consistency across international operations and the broader enterprise.
Collaborative Underwriting Culture
- Assist in establishing a functional underwriting organization that strategically places underwriting resources/officers in positions to support the field’s underwriting capabilities within a collaborative underwriting culture.
- Create a multi-head collaboration culture where Collaborative Underwriting Review Evaluations (CURES) are done on both a portfolio basis and on the more complex accounts.
- Serve as CURE officer, where appropriate, for the Brazilian Joint Venture P&C appetite and underwriting guidelines relating to new and existing product development.
- Conduct large claim CURES.
Superior Management Information
- Assist in the development of underwriting management information requirements, which reinforce proper risk selection and aggregation management, which facilitates the JV’s ability to out-select their competitors.
- Develop and review all underwriting and marketing communications.
- Work with operations/IT on creating a proper report distribution, which facilitates sharing underwriting knowledge and information appropriately.
To Express Interest:
Current Travelers Employees: To apply for this position, go to HR Self Service. From the Employee Quick Links page, click on View and Apply for Jobs under the Careers section, then search Country: BRA and Job ID: #796960. As a reminder, you should discuss your interest in this position with your manager prior to applying.
Non-Employees: If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate that you are applying for Job ID: #796960.
If you have any questions about this position, please contact Ashley Stringer at email@example.com.
> Click here for a complete position description (PDF).
Travelers offers a wide range of career opportunities in North America and Europe.
Click on a link below to explore our current openings and discover a career at Travelers.