Claim Representative Trainee
Full-Time Opportunities in Auto and Property Claim and CAT Property Claim
Travelers is searching for Auto and Property claim representatives and Catastrophe (CAT) Property claim representatives. These positions investigate and evaluate all relevant facts to determine coverage, damages and liability of first-party property claims under a variety of policies. As a claim representative, you will:
- Review and analyze policy conditions, provisions, exclusions and endorsements pertinent to a variety of property losses
- Negotiate and convey claim settlements within authority limits to insured
- Handle files in compliance with state regulations, where applicable
- Provide excellent customer service to meet the needs of the insured, agent and all other internal and external customers
- Undergraduate degree with a preferred GPA of 3.2 or greater
- Effective organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Willingness to embrace and embody our core values: integrity, discipline, accountability, teamwork, ingenuity and a customer-centric orientation
- Current/valid driver’s license required
- For Property and CAT Property claim representatives: Ability to access and inspect all areas of a dwelling or structure, including tight spaces such as attics, staircases, etc.
- For Property and CAT Property claim representatives: Ability to lift, carry, unfold and set up a ladder weighing approximately 38 pounds, as well as climb a ladder, transition to and from the ladder to the area requiring inspection, and walk on roofs
- For CAT Property claim representatives only: Ability to deploy to storm sites in 24 hours for a standard tour length of 28 consecutive workdays, plus two travel days; this deployment may involve working under adverse weather conditions and working with a sense of urgency to assist customers in catastrophic events
- Liberal Arts
- Risk Management and Insurance
Positions are available throughout the country, including Connecticut.
Ready to Apply?
Learn more and submit your resume online:
Travelers offers a wide range of career opportunities in North America and Europe.
Click on a link below to explore our current openings and discover a career at Travelers.