Deputy Regional Underwriting Manager
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities.
Travelers is hiring a Deputy Regional Underwriting Manager for our office in Birmingham. As Deputy Regional Underwriting Manager of a Branch office you are to:
Assist the Regional Underwriting Manager in managing the profitability of the business underwritten and handled by the branch ensuring rate adequacy of all business written, taking advice where appropriate from the Product Manager(s) Support the Regional Underwriting Manager in the execution of the product plans, continually monitoring and reviewing the performance/results of the branch, report upon as required risks not within your authority require referral to the next authority level.
- In conjunction with the Regional Underwriting Manager, and the relevant Product Managers, establish annually in advance of each year and thereafter keep under review a plan for profitability and business development for the branch.
- Under the direction of the Regional Underwriting Manager ensure that all business written in the branch is within the gross and net capacity agreed each year in the structure of our ceded reinsurance programme.
- Refer to the next authority level:
- Any account which you feel is unusual or unlike other accounts in our portfolio.
- Before undertaking any extension of our targeted customer areas.
- Risks requiring non standard covers.
- Ensure New Business, Renewals and mid term adjustments are entered onto current IT systems as required by the Commercial Underwriting Working Practices manual.
- The handling of referrals and underwriting individual risk accounts within Product areas where the appropriate Product Manager has granted authority. Ensuring underwriters within your control, comply with their authority levels, the Product Underwriting Guides, Technical Underwriting Guide and Commercial Underwriting Working Practice Manual.
- To use agreed company coverage forms.
- To continually promote and encourage teamwork and commitment amongst staff.
- Assist the Regional Underwriting Manager to ensure that effective recruitment, retention and succession planning is in place and that all staff training and development needs are identified, acted upon and documented.
- Ensure the Audit requirements established for Commercial Underwriting are complied with and underwriting standards within the Branch are both maintained and continually improved upon.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by your manager.
Travelers offers a wide range of career opportunities in North America and Europe.
Click on a link below to explore our current openings and discover a career at Travelers.