Nervous about an upcoming interview? Here are some tips to help you make the best first impression.
Before the interview:
- Know your facts. Learn about our company through our website and look for newspaper articles.
- Anticipate some of the questions you might be asked, and practice your responses.
- Recall past situations in which you were in a tough situation, leadership position, etc. and how you handled yourself.
- Prepare questions about job specifics and the company in general.
- Print off a couple copies of your résumé to bring with you even if you know your interviewer already has one.
During the interview:
- Dress to impress. Wear modest clothing and refrain from using strong cologne or perfume.
- Shake hands confidently.
- Keep eye contact during the conversation and don’t fidget or do anything that may disrupt the interview.
- Ask questions and take notes to demonstrate your interest in the position.
- Stay positive. Even if asked about past failures, explain the circumstances and don’t blame others.
- Before leaving the interview, make sure you know exactly what the job requires of you, if training is provided and how performance is measured.
After the interview:
- Send a thank-you note or email within a week of the interview. Thank the interviewer for his or her time and, if you’re still interested in the position, indicate that in your letter.
Travelers offers a wide range of career opportunities in North America and Europe.
Click on a link below to explore our current openings and discover a career at Travelers.