- For Individuals
- For Business
- Claim Center
- Contact Us
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Here are some tips to help you make the best first impression.
1) Know your facts. Learn about the company through its Web page and look for newspaper articles.
2) Anticipate some of the questions you might be asked and practice your responses.
3) Recall past situations in which you were in a tough situation, leadership position, etc. and how you handled yourself.
4) Prepare questions about job specifics and the company in general.
5) Print off a couple copies of your resume to bring with you even if you know your interviewer already has one.
1) Dress to impress. Wear modest clothing and refrain from using strong cologne or perfume.
2) Shake hands confidently.
3) Keep eye contact during the conversation and don’t fidget or do anything that may disrupt the interview.
4) Ask questions and take notes to demonstrate your interest in the position.
5) Stay positive. Even if asked about past failures, explain the circumstances and don’t blame others.
6) Before leaving the interview, make sure you know exactly what the job requires of you, if training is provided and how performance is measured.
1) Send a thank you note or email within a week of the interview. Thank the interviewer for his or her time and if you’re still interested in the position, indicate that in your letter.
Meet our people and learn more about what makes Travelers a great company to work for.Read more »