MBA Career Opportunities
Personal Insurance Product Management
As the fastest growing area of Travelers, a Fortune 100 company, our Personal Insurance business provides a vast array of challenging developmental assignments, training and growth opportunities. Within Personal Insurance, the Product Management organization is also growing fast and constantly challenging employees to increase our impact in the marketplace. The Product Management organization is on the leading edge of predictive modeling and pricing sophistication and is continually looking for innovation and intellect to drive market penetration, business growth and profitability.
As a Product Management director, you will have profit and loss responsibility for a business segment, and will be expected to drive business results by demonstrating strategic and critical thinking in a multitude of areas:
- Pricing: Use market knowledge, combined with actuarial concepts, to conduct rate reviews to effectively position the product in the marketplace.
- Finance: Utilize financial skills to analyze and identify market opportunities to effectively deliver growth and profitability results to the product line.
- New Product Strategy and Development: Brainstorm, research, test and implement new Personal Insurance product opportunities, such as hybrid car and event insurance.
- Competitive Analysis: Work with regional, national and field partners to determine our placement in the marketplace and develop strategies for increased competitiveness.
- Underwriting and Claim: Identify and implement underwriting guidelines and collaborate with Claim, Legal and field staff.
- Catastrophe-Risk Management, Marketing, Research and Development, Management Information and much more.
Professional Leadership Development and Training
The Product Management organization values the development of its future leaders and provides a framework to promote individual training opportunities, which will help new employees learn the insurance industry and focus on professional leadership development.
We believe it is vital for our new employees to learn from other successful team members. The organization utilizes a mentoring program, in which new employees are paired with peer mentors. They are encouraged to meet regularly to further facilitate career development.
Networking is supported through various training opportunities and through participation in a multitude of strategic project work. Employees are also encouraged to get involved in Travelers-wide committees. Through participation in these committees, participants can network, build leadership and technical skills, and give back to the local community.
- An undergraduate degree in finance, economics, mathematics, engineering, actuarial science, statistics, or risk management and insurance
- Three to five years of experience in a business environment, preferably influencing and executing strategy aligned with business goals
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate strong analytic ability and sound judgment
- Competitive candidates will thrive when dealing with complex analytical concepts and financial modeling
- An entrepreneurial spirit is a plus
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Travelers offers a wide range of career opportunities in North America and Europe.
Click on a link below to explore our current openings and discover a career at Travelers.