Travelers has a rich and exciting history that illustrates the company's remarkable ability to adapt to changing times while maintaining a steadfast commitment to customers. Travelers was often ahead of other companies in the industry, offering cutting-edge products, ideas and training opportunities. Below are some examples of our company's firsts.
- 1864: Introduced accident insurance.
- 1897: Issued an automobile insurance policy.
- 1903: Opened an insurance school.
- 1904: Organized a corps of safety engineers.
- 1919: Offered aircraft liability insurance, with a full aviation program.
- 1944: Broadcast insured commercial on television.
- 1953: Developed automobile simulator for driver education.
- 1956: Established its own weather research center.
- 1958: Offered women life insurance at lower rates than men.
- 1966: Held transcontinental conference call.
- 1968: Set up employee-staffed claim "hot lines."
- 1969: Issued accident policies for space flight and lunar exploration.
- 1997: Developed catastrophe response vehicles, self-contained claim offices on wheels.
- 1999: Offered cyber liability program for companies conducting business on the internet.
- 2006: Became the first auto insurance company to offer a discount to hybrid drivers on a national level.
Travelers offers a wide range of career opportunities in North America and Europe.
Click on a link below to explore our current openings and discover a career at Travelers.