What We Do
Travelers provides coverage like no other insurance company
For more than 160 years, Travelers has been looking out for families and property, protecting them from losses while earning the reputation as one of the best and most experienced insurers in the industry. We offer:
- A comprehensive range of products and price points to serve all of our customers.
- Flexible insurance packages that offer a high degree of customization.
- Fast, efficient claim handling supported by our toll-free, 24-hour claim hotline.
A national presence with more than 12,000 agency locations to serve you. Plus, Travelers has 2,000 claim professionals in 39 claim offices across the country.
- Business and International Insurance offers a broad array of property and casualty insurance products and services to its clients in the United States and property and casualty, bond and specialty products and services through domestic operations in Canada, the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, Brazil and through Lloyd’s of London. The company also has joint venture investments in surety businesses in Brazil and Colombia. Clients for Business and International insurance range from small “Main Street” businesses to mid-sized and specialty companies to large corporations and, in Canada, individuals. In the United States, Business and International Insurance distributes its products through approximately 10,500 independent agencies and brokers across the country.
- Bond & Specialty Insurance provides a wide range of customers with surety and management liability products and risk management services. Coverages include performance, payment and commercial surety bonds for construction and general commercial enterprises, as well as fidelity and crime coverages and directors & officers, employment practices, fiduciary and professional liability coverages, primarily for U.S.-based businesses. In addition, the business provides traditional property and casualty coverages to financial institutions.
- Personal Insurance offers a broad array of property and casualty insurance products for individuals, including automobile, homeowners, umbrella, condominium, tenant, identity fraud protection, valuable items, boat and yacht, and wedding coverages. Personal Insurance distributes through a network of approximately 12,000 independent agencies and a direct-to-consumer channel, as well as through employee and affinity groups, and joint marketing arrangements.
Our Claim Center focuses on helping our customers manage risk before a claim occurs, and responding with speed, professionalism and compassion when claims do happen. We have 13,000 trained Claim professionals located in 30 Claim field offices serving every state, as well as a self-contained dedicated Catastrophe Response Team that can move into a disaster area within hours. Our customers can report claims 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
To help our Claim professionals better serve our customers, Travelers has created Claim University, a leading-edge educational facility designed to give Travelers' claim professionals the in-depth training and expertise they need to provide knowledgeable, accurate and efficient claim service for customers and agents.
Travelers has operations in the United States, Brazil, Canada, Ireland and the U.K., with approximately 30,000 employees. Our main offices are located in New York, N.Y., Hartford, Conn. and Saint Paul, Minn.
Travelers offers a wide range of career opportunities in North America and Europe.
Click on a link below to explore our current openings and discover a career at Travelers.