Construction Pak ® – Builders' Risk
With Travelers Construction Pak – Builders' Risk you can be confident that
your business is protected. No matter the size or scale of your construction project,
we offer you the coverages and services to keep it moving forward.
Being insured by Travelers means you get the strength of a national carrier with
local representatives that know your market and understand your business. Our expertise
extends in a broad spectrum of projects, including stadiums, arenas, bridges, renewable
energy, multi-story residential, educational and medical/healthcare facilities.
Coverage beyond the basics
Our Builders' Risk coverage is constructed with your projects in mind. We offer
broad coverage and the ability to tailor to your needs. Examples include:
- Broad additional named insured wording.
- Extensive definition of covered property includes permanent and temporary works,
such as construction forms, cribbing, fencing, signs, scaffolding, office trailers,
- Special Time Element coverages are individually addressed with each project.
- Soft costs coverage is included with an automatic limit for unexpected expenses
(legal, taxes, architect fees, etc.) but can also be written to your project limit
and coverage needs.
- Broad automatic coverage extensions and additional options to tailor coverage (e.g.,
expediting and extra expenses, contract penalties).
- Equipment breakdown to cover full testing and includes jurisdictional inspections.
- Green Building recertification expenses are an automatic coverage.
- Replacement cost valuation.
- Ability to work on a participation basis; quota share and excess.
- Permission to occupy coverage is included to further simplify your planning process.
Services that set Travelers apart – Inland Marine Network
With the Inland Marine Network, we go beyond offering an insurance policy. We provide
valuable services to you before the project starts and as it progresses. Our Risk
Control, Claim and Specialty Investigations Group (SIG) are all supported with construction
specialists who work on the most highly-engineered projects. Our seasoned Account
Executives know the local geographical and construction market to help coordinate
a program for you.
- Our risk control specialists provide consultations to owners, developers and contractors
to help perpetuate the use of best practices for risk management on an on-going
- We offer assistance with new construction methods and technologies and are versed
in BIM and Lean construction and experienced in LEED requirements.
- We can assist in pre-planning and project site management in areas such as crane
certification and water damage prevention.
- We offer education for agents and customers through client schools and online resources.
- Our designated builders' risk claim specialist role provides expertise to help resolve
losses quickly because we know the financial impact of work stoppages.
- The advantage of our Claim resources comes to the forefront even more when there
are catastrophic losses and access to equipment and materials is limited.
Specialty Investigations Group (SIG)
- We work directly with you to help develop theft prevention plans for building materials
and equipment used on site, in storage or in transit.
We work with law enforcement to pursue the recovery of stolen building materials