skip to main content

What to do after a boating accident

If you were involved in a collision, or other accident, with another vessel or property, be sure to:

  • Call the police even in a minor accident. If someone is injured, request medical assistance. If fire is involved, request fire department aid.
  • If the property damage to the vessel(s)/property exceeds a certain amount of money, it may be essential for you to report this to the police. To find out if your state has a specific threshold for property damage, please visit our Boat & Yacht FAQs.
  • Exchange information with the owner of the other property. Be sure to write down their name, address, phone number, and insurance information. Also write down the contact information of all witnesses.
  • Report the claim to Travelers as soon as possible by calling 800.252.4633 (800.CLAIM33). The faster you report your claim, the sooner we can help.

Share this page