"Overdraft" University Symposia Series
University of Utah’s Hinckley Institute of Politics
Salt Lake City, Utah
September 30, 2013
On September 30, 2013, The Can Kicks Back Generational Equity Tour continued at the University of Utah’s Salt Lake City campus in partnership with the Travelers Institute and the Hinckley Institute of Politics. Student-led co-sponsors, the College Democrats and College Republicans, drove their members to participate just hours before a 16-day federal government shutdown resulting from disagreement over funding for the fiscal year 2014 budget. This unique moment in history set the stage for a serious conversation about political leadership, tough policy choices and the urgency of an ever-growing national debt.
- Nick Troiano, Co-Founder & Communications Director, The Can Kicks Back
- Jessica Legnos, Executive Director, Travelers Institute, The Travelers Companies, Inc.
- Moderator – Roger McDonough, News Director, Host, KCPW Radio
- Bryce Christensen, Chairman, College Republicans, University of Utah
- Jim Dabakis, State Senator, Utah; Chairman, Utah Democratic Party
- Jeff Peterson, Executive Director, Utah Republican Party
- Satin Tashnizi, Event Director, College Democrats, University of Utah