Mitigation Strategies for the Alabama Coastal Region
October 8, 2010
The Travelers Institute presented its Coastal Wind Zone Plan as part of a series of events addressing safety, community development and financial threats posed to coastal areas. Leadership from the Travelers Institute and Travelers discussed the life-saving importance of building fortified homes and announced an important new insurance incentive for new homes meeting fortified building standards in coastal Alabama. Travelers also highlighted its funding of a Habitat for Humanity home built to fortified standards in coastal Baldwin County.
- Moderator – Joan Woodward, President, Travelers Institute; Executive Vice President, Public Policy; The Travelers Companies, Inc.
- Charles M. Angell, Chief Actuary and Deputy Insurance; Commissioner, Alabama Department of Insurance
- Cliff Barros, Executive Director, Habitat for Humanity of Baldwin County
- Eric M. Nelson, Vice President – Personal Insurance, The Travelers Companies, Inc.
- Chad Wilson, Second Vice President – Personal Insurance, The Travelers Companies, Inc.
See highlights from this event:
October 8, 2010: Mitigation Strategies for the Alabama Coastal Region (Mobile, AL)