Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions for use of the Travelers newsroom
By reproducing or using any image from the Travelers Companies, Inc. ("Travelers") Newsroom website (the "Newsroom"), the reproducing or using party (the "User") agrees to the following terms and conditions regarding use of image files downloaded from the Travelers Newsroom (the "Images"):
A. Media Use Only
- Only accredited journalists and members of press agencies may reproduce or use a single copy of the Images. The right to use an Image may not be assigned or sublicensed to any third party.
- User may only use the Images in close proximity to, or in obvious connection with, a published article or broadcast news story about, Travelers or a specific Travelers product or service.
B. Restrictions on Use of Travelers Logo and Images
- User may not modify or change the Images.
- User may not combine the Travelers logo with any other object, including, but not limited to, other logos, words, graphics, photos, slogans, numbers, design features, or symbols.
- User may not use the Images in any manner that would disparage Travelers or its products or services.
- Images may not be used for advertising, promotional, commercial, or any other personal or professional use.
- The Images may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors, and may contain information that is out of date. Travelers and the third-party providers may make improvements or changes in the images at any time without notice.
C. Termination/Modification of Permission
- Travelers reserves the right to terminate or modify—at any time—User's permission to display the Images.
- Travelers may request that third parties modify or delete use of the Images that, in Travelers' sole judgment, could impair Travelers' rights in the Images.
D. Intellectual Property Rights
- Travelers reserves all rights to its intellectual property, including all photographs among the Images, and their associated copyrights. User's use of such Images as allowed herein in no way assigns any of Traveler's intellectual property rights to User.
- Travelers reserves the right to object to unfair uses of its trademarks or other violations of applicable law.
- User agrees that, when using any photograph reproduced from the Newsroom, User will credit the photograph to Travelers as follows: "Courtesy of Travelers."
E. No Warranty
- The Newsroom and the Images provided therein are provided on an "as is" basis, without any warranty whatsoever. All express or implied conditions, representations and warranties, including any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement, are disclaimed.
F. Limitation of Liability
- Travelers and third-party providers shall not be liable for any damages suffered as a result of using, modifying, contributing, reproducing, distributing, or downloading the Images, or any exercise by User of any rights granted hereunder. In no event shall Travelers or third-party providers be liable for any indirect, punitive, special, incidental, or consequential damages (including loss of business, revenue, profits, use, data, or other economic advantage), however arising, whether for breach of contract, tort, or otherwise, even if previously advised of the possibility of such damage.
- User agrees, both during and after the term of this agreement, to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Travelers and third-party providers, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, customers, and agents from and against any claims, demands, threats, suits, or proceedings, and any losses in connection therewith, to the extent arising from a breach of these terms and conditions or misuse of any use of the Images or the Newsroom.
G. Entire Agreement
- These Terms are the entire agreement between the parties with respect to this subject matter, and supersede any and all prior or contemporaneous, conflicting or additional communications, negotiations or agreements. Travelers may modify or add to these Terms upon notice to User, and User shall accept such modifications or additions by continuing any use of the Images after the date of such notice.
Marketing communications policy
Travelers strives to create and place advertising and other marketing communications materials that reflect the company's leadership position and reputation. Accordingly, we carefully consider the implications of the association of the Travelers brand with other companies, media and channels of communications, and we carefully choose the content and placement of our advertisements and other marketing materials. We also strive to have appropriate monitoring systems in place to help ensure these policies are met and any communications which are inconsistent with this policy are addressed in an expedient manner.
If you have feedback on our advertising or marketing communications materials please feel free to contact us.