Business Claim Reporting
- General Liability
- Workers Comp
For Auto, Property, General Liability, Specialty, Workers Comp claims:1.800.238.6225
- National Accounts Claims1.800.832.7839
- Constitution State Services Claims1.800.243.2490
- Construction Claims1.877.828.4132
- Kidnap & Ransom Claims:
Call Constellis (US) 1.713.918.6401
(UK) +44 207.240.3237
- Management & Professional Liability Claims: Get contacts
- Surety Bond Claims: Get contacts
- Identity Fraud Claims: 1.800.842.8496, Prompt #2
- Cyber Risk Claims: 1.800.842.8496, Prompt #3
- CyberFirst® 1.800.238.6225
Commonly asked reporting questions
What information do I need to report my claim?
The information needed will depend on the type of claim you are reporting. Typically, however, we will ask for:
- Your contact information
- The name and contact information of any other involved parties
- Your policy info (if available)
- The type of loss you are reporting (auto, home, etc.)
- The date the incident occurred
- A description of the loss
- A description of any injuries
I don't have all the information needed to report my claim. What should I do?
You should report your claim to Travelers as soon as possible, even if you don't have all the necessary information. The faster you do so, the sooner we can start assisting you. Your claim professional will be contacting you throughout the claim process, so you will always have the opportunity to update information.
What happens after I report my claim?
Shortly after reporting your loss, a Travelers claim professional will call you to discuss what will happen next and what your insurance policy covers. He or she will also answer any questions you have. For auto and property claims, the representative will usually set up a time to inspect the damage in person. Remember, your Travelers claim professional is there to be your guide throughout the claim process. We understand that most of our customers are not insurance experts, so we are here to help every step of the way.
How long will it take to settle my claim?
Every loss is different, so the length of time needed to settle a claim varies. The time it takes to inspect the damages and investigate the claim will determine the time needed to settle your claim. Your Travelers claim professional will help you through each step of the process and answer any questions you have about your claim. Visit our Auto and Property What to Expect pages to learn more about the claim process.
When can I expect payment?
First, we will review the facts of the loss to determine what happened and whether the loss is covered by your insurance policy. For damaged property or vehicles, this usually requires an in-person inspection. Once your claim professional determines whether the policy covers the loss, we can generally write you a check based on our estimate of the damages, either on the spot or soon afterward.