Supporting Diverse Businesses
Travelers is committed to providing opportunities for qualified businesses owned by people of diverse backgrounds to participate as suppliers or subcontractors of products and services to our company.
Our Supplier Diversity Program
By doing business with diverse suppliers, Travelers promotes the development of these enterprises and supports the growth of the communities in which it does business. For this reason, we aim to ensure diverse suppliers participate in our bidding and procurement processes.
The scope of Travelers' Supplier Diversity program is the U.S. and its territories.
Our Supplier Diversity Program includes the following classifications for diverse-owned businesses:
- Minority-Owned Business Enterprise
- Women-Owned Business Enterprise
- Veteran-Owned Business Enterprise
- Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business Enterprise
- People With Disability-Owned Business Enterprise
- LGBT-Owned Business Enterprise
According to the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC), a diverse business is defined as a U.S.-based, for-profit enterprise that is at least 51 percent owned and controlled by one or more individuals who are members of an ethnic minority group (e.g., African American, Asian American, Hispanic American, Native American, etc.), LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender), women, veterans or those with disabilities. The business must provide proof of certification of its diverse status by a third-party certifying agency to participate in the program.
Goals of the Program
- Increase Travelers’ total spend with diverse suppliers while maintaining competitive sourcing and selection.
- Support the communities where Travelers does business by using a diverse supplier base.
- Ensure fair and impartial consideration is given to each diverse supplier and the products/services it provides.
- Maintain a current directory of qualified diverse enterprises and use it as a resource for identifying potential participants in Requests for Proposal (RFPs).
For More Information
To register your diverse-owned business, please click here.
Note: Once you click the above link, you will leave the Travelers website and be directed to the supplier.io site.
For more information or questions about Travelers' Supplier Diversity Program, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org