Travelers Benefit Program: Connecticut Crumbling Foundations
Thank you for your interest in the Travelers Benefit Program, a fund we created to assist our former and current customers with the repair costs associated with pyrrhotite-related damage. The program will supplement the funds provided by the state’s Connecticut Foundations Solutions Indemnity Company (CFSIC) and will officially open on Feb. 15, 2019.
- The Travelers Benefit Program — a $5 million fund — was created to assist customers in repairing homes with crumbling foundations in northeast Connecticut. The matter stems from concrete contaminated by the mineral pyrrhotite, which can cause foundations to deteriorate over time. The program will officially open on Feb. 15, 2019, and at that time, eligible customers can enroll.
- Affected customers who participate in the CFSIC program and whose home was insured under a Travelers policy in effect on or before Dec. 6, 2018, will be eligible to enroll in the Travelers Benefit Program.
- Structural repair costs must exceed the funds provided by the CFSIC for the Travelers Benefit Program to take effect. The program will provide current customers up to $25,000 and former customers up to $10,000, subject to program terms.
How to apply:
- Program enrollment will open on Feb. 15, 2019.
- Prior to Feb. 15, 2019, customers can begin the process by applying for funding through the CFSIC (to enroll in the Travelers Benefit Program, eligible customers must first enroll with the CFSIC).
Thank you for choosing Travelers. We are committed to finding a solution that will assist our customers dealing with this unfortunate and complex issue.
We encourage you to revisit this site on Feb. 15, 2019 for additional information about the Travelers Benefit Program and to begin the application process. If you have questions in the meantime, please contact us at 1-800-527-2416.