Report a Claim

or call 1.800.Claim33

Check Claim Status

Find Claim Services

Roadside Assistance

Renters Insurance Claims

Has your property been damaged? We’re here to help.

Regardless of the cause of damage, we’re ready to assist you. Please contact us as soon as possible to report your claim. We're here to walk you through the steps you should take to protect your possessions and get you on the path to recovery.

In addition, we’re committed to helping you prevent future property damage. Visit our Prepare & Prevent website to access valuable information about loss prevention and damage mitigation.

Guiding you through the claim process

Essential steps to follow if your property has been damaged

  • Report your claim anytime to Travelers online or by calling 1.800.Claim33. The sooner you report, the sooner we can help.
  • If your residence has sustained any type of extensive damage, do not go back inside until cleared to do so by emergency personnel or town officials.
  • In cases where your home and personal property have been destroyed, please do not risk injury by walking through the debris. If you cannot live in your destroyed home, additional living expense (ALE) coverage may be available.

I just reported my claim. What can I expect to happen next?

Your Travelers Claim professional will contact you shortly to walk you through the claim process, evaluate your coverage, and assess the damage to your personal property. We want to resolve your claim as quickly as possible. If you have questions or concerns at any point during the claim process, contact your Travelers Claim professional directly, or review the online educational tools here in our Claim Center.

How do you determine the value of my damages?

Depending on the type of damage, your Travelers Claim professional may need to schedule a time to inspect your property to determine what needs to be repaired or replaced. Your Travelers claim professional will work with you to complete an inventory of the property.

If your personal property, or contents, have been damaged or destroyed, your Travelers Claim professional will work with you to complete an inventory of the property.

The inspection and your contents inventory will be used to develop an estimate for the Actual Cash Value (ACV) and the Replacement Cost Value (RCV) of your damaged property.

RCV is the estimated cost of repairing a damaged item or replacing a damaged item with a similar one. ACV is the estimated value of the item or damage at the time of the loss. Generally, ACV is calculated as RCV minus depreciation.

Your estimate will also include other information such as taxes and the amount of depreciation, if any. For more information about your estimate, refer to our guide to understanding your property estimate. Still have questions? Contact your Travelers Claim professional.

What does the term "subrogation" mean, and how does it affect me?

Occasionally, another person may be responsible for the damage to your property. If so, Travelers may seek reimbursement from that other person or that person’s insurance carrier. Travelers’ pursuit of reimbursement is referred to as “subrogation.” We may need your cooperation with this effort. If there is a recovery, you may receive reimbursement for some or all of your deductible.

A hand holding and spraying a paint can on a wall.

Theft or vandalism?

Learn more
Woman looking at computer monitor.

Your guide to understanding depreciation

Learn more