Report a Claim
Check Claim Status
Find Claim Services
General Liability Claims
Common general liability claims include slips, trips and falls at your facility or business, and claims for allegedly defective or dangerous products. For additional information on general liability click here. You can depend on us to deliver specialized solutions to protect your business, brand and reputation.
Our Claim professionals are located across the U.S. and Canada and are equipped to handle any claim, including high frequency, severe and complex losses. Our local presence also allows our Claim professionals to develop deep experience in their jurisdictional and legal environments to deliver better claim outcomes for you and your business.
If an incident has occurred or a claim has been made against you, please contact us. This report form can help you capture and organize the facts.
We are also committed to helping you prevent future premises liability issues like slips, trips and falls, as well as safety risks like fires and assaults. Visit our Prepare and Prevent website to view a list of premises security tips.
Guiding you through the claim process
What initial steps do I need to take when an incident occurs?
- Provide first aid or contact emergency medical responders including police and/or fire professionals, as appropriate.
- Gather and document the facts surrounding the incident promptly, using the accident reporting form. Be sure to get the names of all involved parties and witnesses and individually record their accounts of the events.
- Take and maintain photos and/or video of the incident, resulting injuries, and any damage, if possible.
- Store the documentation surrounding the incident, including any photos and videos recording the incident, injuries and/or damage, in a secure place.
An incident has occurred, however a claim has not yet been reported. Is there any benefit to reporting the incident to Travelers?
- In many cases, just reporting the incident to us and creating a record can prevent lawsuits and avoidable claims. Timely reporting helps us to start working to resolve the issue and defend you proactively, should a claim arise.
- This can potentially save you time and money, avoid lengthy legal entanglements and help prevent fraud or damage to your reputation.
How do I report my general liability claim?
- You can report a claim any time. Report claims to Travelers immediately following an incident online, by email at First.Report@travelers.com or by contacting us at 1-800-238-6225. (Note that if you are a new customer, online claim reporting is available 30 days from your policy effective date.)
- Reporting your claim promptly helps us begin working to resolve your issue and defend you more proactively, potentially saving you time and money.
- In the event of an incident involving a fatality, fire or other catastrophic loss, please be sure to report immediately by phone at 1-800-238-6225.
I just reported my general liability claim. What can I expect to happen next?
- Once the claim is submitted, it will be assigned to a Travelers Claim Center. You will receive a claim number and contact information for the Travelers Claim professional that will handle your claim.
- Claims are assigned to the appropriate Claim professional based upon several factors, including complexity of the loss and geographic region.
- A claim professional will contact you to discuss your claim and will support you throughout the process.
- Once you have received a claim number you can check your claim status by visiting us online.
- If you have any questions or concerns at any point, contact your Travelers Claim professional directly.