General Liability Insurance
In the course of doing business, your business interacts with employees, contractors, clients, vendors and many others. At any point, one of them could claim that your business caused them injury or loss and take legal action against you. Travelers offers a wide range of general liability options to help protect your business.
Travelers Commercial General Liability (CGL) insurance provides protection from a variety of claims for damages, ranging from:
- Injuries on your property, such as slips or falls
- Bodily injury or property damage to a third party caused by your work or your employee's activities
- Liability of others you assume under contracts
- Bodily injury or damage to another's property arising from a defect in your product
- Libel, slander, or business disparagement
- Copyright infringement in your advertisement
General Liability insurance covers the cost of your legal defense if you are sued for covered claims and any settlement or judgment awarded for those claims. We also have Travelers Claim professionals located across the U.S. to deliver local service to our customers.
Travelers offers General Liability protection for many industries. To find protection specific to your industry, use the Find Solutions tool.
We offer customized liability solutions for the following areas:
- MedFirst® for Medical Technology Companies
- General Liability for Public Sector
- Railroad Protective Liability
- Owners And Contractors Protective Liability
- EnergyPro® Control of Well
- EnergyPro Oil And Gas Commercial General Liability
- Xtend® Endorsements for Auto Dealers, Architects and Engineers, Colleges and Schools, Technology, Healthcare, and Service Industries
Insights & Expertise
A process for employee engagement and support that focuses on safety and wellness can help with job retention and help promote wellness.