Owners and Contractors Protective Liability Insurance
Owners and contractors protective (OCP) liability forms are usually purchased by general contractors or lower tier contractors for the benefit of the project owner or entity holding a higher position in the construction hierarchy.
Travelers Owners and Contractors Protective Liability (OCP) coverage is offered on an occurrence basis. It provides dedicated limits of liability to the named insured (usually the project owner) for covered bodily injury or property damage arising from ongoing operations being performed for it by the designated contractor at the designated job site. This product is designed for project-specific policies. The coverage form is ISO CG 00 09 10-01.
Coverage Features & Benefits
- Provides coverage to named insured project owners for liability for covered bodily injury or property damage arising from job-site ongoing operations being performed for them by the designated contractor. Also provides coverage for liability for that injury or damage arising from project owners’ acts or omissions in connection with project owners’ general supervision of such operations
- Coverage is provided on an admitted-market basis
- Typically provides dedicated limits for named insured project owner as the only insured under the policy
- Offers coverage limits up to $10 million each occurrence/$10 million aggregate (higher limits may be available)
- Includes duty to defend
- Defense expenses are outside the policy limits
Find an Agent
Need an Agent?
Get the personal service and attention that an agent provides.
Find a local agent in your area:
Only current Travelers Construction general liability policyholders are eligible to purchase OCP coverage. Our dedicated OCP/RRP unit has specialized knowledge and tools that can be put to work for these contractors who need to provide this coverage.
Service & Quoting
Our goal is to provide 24-hour turnaround time and superior service.
For more information about our Owners and Contractors Protective Liability insurance, or other insurance coverage for the construction industry from Travelers, please contact an independent Construction insurance agent, broker or surplus lines broker.