Report a Claim

or call 1.800.Claim33

Check Claim Status

Find Claim Services

Roadside Assistance

Understanding Theft and Vandalism Insurance Claims

Your Travelers Claim professional will work with you to make sure your property is repaired or replaced following a covered theft or vandalism. Please be sure to:

  • Report the matter to the local authorities. 
  • Contact Travelers as soon as possible to report your claim and obtain mitigation guidelines you can follow to ensure your safety. 
  • Compile a list of damaged or stolen items.
  • Gather any user/owner manuals, original purchase receipts, photographs, appraisals or credit card statements you may have related to the damaged or stolen items.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Why is a recorded statement sometimes required?

A recorded statement can help us accurately document what happened and obtain sufficient details about the loss. A recorded statement can also aid potential recovery efforts. 

What are special limits and where can I find more information about them?

Your policy may include special limits for specific items such as money, jewelry, and business-related property. This means Travelers can pay you only up to a certain amount for those specific items. You can find a list of special limits in Section I of your property policy, under the heading “Coverage C - Personal Property.” 


What is the difference between an on-premises theft and an off-premises theft?

Thefts that occur at your insured location are considered on-premises thefts. Off-premises thefts occur elsewhere. 

Woman with a red umbrella over her shoulder looking out over a field of green grass.

Learn how to prevent theft from happening to you

Tips to prevent theft at your home
Woman looking at computer monitor.

Your guide to understanding depreciation

Learn more