"Overdraft" University Symposia Series
Bronx, New York
April 22, 2013
The “Overdraft” University Symposia Series continued at Fordham University, where the Travelers Institute partnered with the Gabelli School of Business for a lunch-time screening and discussion. Business School Dean Donna M. Rapaccioli kicked off the event, welcoming students and introducing the topic of the national debt. After the screening, Fordham student and Dean’s Council Representative John Mantia moderated a discussion with Gabelli School Professor Paul B. Bennett and Travelers Institute President Joan Woodward. As a data-driven company, Woodward explained Travelers’ interest in raising awareness about the national debt. In addition, she noted that the Travelers Institute was pleased to bring the discussion to Fordham University, where the company’s President and Chief Operating Officer, Brian MacLean, teaches. Click for a full summary.
- Sharon Gary Finney, Associate Professor and Chairperson, Department of Accounting & Finance, Morgan State University
- Jessica Kearney, Executive Director, Travelers Institute, The Travelers Companies, Inc.
- Moderator – Phyllis Y. Keys, Associate Professor of Finance, School of Business and Management, Morgan State University
- Kang Cheng, Associate Professor of Accounting and Finance, School of Business and Management, Morgan State University
- Kelly E. Carter, Assistant Professor of Finance, School of Business and Management, Morgan State University