"Overdraft" University Symposia Series
Loyola University Chicago's Quinlan School of Business, Center for Risk Management
April 23, 2013
As one of its final events for the 2012-2013 academic year, the Travelers Institute brought “Overdraft” to Loyola University Chicago’s Water Tower Campus in downtown Chicago for a screening and discussion hosted by the Quinlan School of Business’ Center for Risk Management. The Center, which focuses on business ethics and corporate governance and risks, convened students to hear Travelers Institute President Joan Woodward and Quinlan School Finance Professors Robert Kolb and A.G. Malliaris examine the national debt with moderator Christopher Vincent, head of the Fixed Income Group within William Blair & Company’s Investment Management Division. Panelists engaged in a comprehensive discussion exploring the debt, short- and long-term approaches, as well as the experiences of older generations from this country and others in dealing with challenging economic times. Click for a full summary.
- Serhat Cicekoglu, Director, Center for Risk Management, Quinlan School of Business, Loyola University Chicago
- Moderator – Christopher Vincent, Partner, Fixed Income Group, Investment Management Division, William Blair & Company, LLC
- Joan Woodward, President, Travelers Institute; Executive Vice President, Public Policy; The Travelers Companies, Inc.
- Robert Kolb, Professor of Finance, Frank W. Considine Chair of Applied Ethics, Quinlan School of Business, Loyola University Chicago
- A.G. (Tassos) Malliaris, Walter F. Mullady, Sr. Professor of Economics and Finance, Quinlan School of Business, Loyola University Chicago