"Overdraft" University Symposia Series
Morgan State University's Department of Accounting and Finance
April 16, 2013
Morgan State University (MSU), a key partner in the Travelers EDGE (Empowering Dreams for Graduation and Employment) program, also served as an important partner for the “Overdraft” University Symposia Series. The Travelers Institute, working with the school’s Department of Accounting and Finance, screened the documentary on campus for more than 100 students who joined their professors for a discussion about the national debt, its impact on the younger generation, and the importance of financial literacy as a civic responsibility. Representatives and student mentors from Travelers’ Hunt Valley, Maryland office also joined the discussion. Click for a full summary.
- Sharon Gary Finney, Associate Professor and Chairperson, Department of Accounting & Finance, Morgan State University
- Jessica Legnos, Executive Director, Travelers Institute, The Travelers Companies, Inc.
- Moderator – Phyllis Y. Keys, Associate Professor of Finance, School of Business and Management, Morgan State University
- Kang Cheng, Associate Professor of Accounting and Finance, School of Business and Management, Morgan State University
- Kelly E. Carter, Assistant Professor of Finance, School of Business and Management, Morgan State University