Horse/Equine Insurance Coverage

A mother and her children hold the reins on a horse kept at a stable.

Don’t let uninsured risks run away from you

Whether a personal horse owner, stable owner, breeder or trainer, you understand the strong commitment of caring for and protecting your companion and investment. Your insurance coverage needs to be thorough, too. Travelers can tailor horse and stable insurance coverage options to meet your property, liability and operational needs. As challenging as the trail you're riding on may be, Travelers Agribusiness can help protect you and your interests.

Business person smiling and carrying a red folder.

Find an insurance agent

Get coverage for your unique professional risks.

Who is equine insurance right for?

  • Commercial equine operations:
    • Boarding
    • Breeding 
    • Lessons and riding programs
    • Shows/clinics
    • Training 
  • Horses owned for private personal use
  • Stable owners

Insurance for horse owners coverage

The below are our key coverages and enhancements. Speak to your agent today to learn about all we have to offer.

Coverage options include: 

Stable Liability – coverage for stable owners’ operations  

Care, Custody and Control  –  covers livestock that is in your care, custody and control  

Equine Professional Services Endorsement  –  liability for trainers; property damage coverage for non-owned horses

Property Endorsement  

  • Up to $10,000 for damage or loss to tack and equipment 
  • $1,500 for spoilage of animal health products  
  • $5,000 for replacement signs  
  • $3,000 for fences, corrals and pens 

Optional coverage enhancements:

  • Care, custody and control
  • Equine professional services endorsement
  • Equine property endorsement
  • Personal liability
  • Stable liability

Special liability coverages include: 

Commercial equine liability and personal liability  

Standard coverages for dwellings as well as expanded options for high-valued homes and excess liability, household and scheduled personal property  

Additional coverages such as pollutant and debris cleanup and fire department services  

Optional coverages such as those for disruption of operations, business income and computer failure 



Insurance for farms and ranches

From crop storage to chemical drift, farm and ranch operations have a unique set of needs and risks.

Related products & solutions

Our winery insurance program brings together all the critical coverages needed by wineries, small and large – a far superior alternative to purchasing a generic insurance product loaded with endorsements.

Policies that fit your unique responsibilities and exposures – whether you’re a private, public, nonprofit or financial institution.

Provides organizations of all sizes coverage to help protect against losses resulting from data breaches and other fast-evolving cyber exposures.

Related services

With more than a century of expertise and more than 500 Risk Control consultants, Travelers has the experience and technical proficiency to help businesses manage their risks. 

Our knowledgeable Claim professionals will respond to your needs with speed, compassion, integrity and professionalism. It's our business to help keep you in business.


Insights to help you manage risks at work and on the road

Business person smiling and carrying a red folder.

Find an insurance agent

Get coverage for your unique professional risks.