Report a Claim

or call 1.800.Claim33

Check Claim Status

Find Claim Services

Roadside Assistance

Boat & Yacht Insurance Claims

Has your watercraft sustained damage? We’re here to help.

Regardless of the cause of damage to your watercraft, we’re ready to assist you. Please contact us as soon as possible to report your claim. When you call us, we will walk you through the steps you should take to protect your watercraft and get you on the path to recovery.

We're also committed to helping you prevent future damage. Visit our Prepare & Prevent website to access valuable information about loss prevention and damage mitigation.

Guiding you through the claim process

Essential steps to follow if your watercraft has been damaged

  • Call the Coast Guard or police, even if it is a minor accident. If someone is injured, request medical assistance. If fire is involved, request fire department aid.
  • Exchange information with the owner of the other vessel. Be sure to write down their name, address, phone number and insurance information. Also, write down the contact information of all witnesses.
  • Report your claim anytime to Travelers online or by calling 1.800.Claim33. The sooner you report, the sooner we can help.
  • When making any necessary temporary repairs to protect your vessel from further damage, be sure to always save your receipts. Your Travelers claim professional may ask you to provide them for reimbursement purposes.
  • Do not go back inside your watercraft until cleared to do so by emergency personnel or town officials, even if you have had a minor incident affecting only a small portion of your vessel.

I just reported my boat or yacht insurance claim. What can I expect to happen next?

Your Travelers Claim professional will contact you shortly to walk you through the claim process, evaluate your coverage, and assess the damage to your watercraft or other personal property. We want to resolve your claim as quickly as possible. If you have questions or concerns at any point during the claim process, contact your Travelers Claim professional directly.

What happens if my watercraft is damaged?

Depending on the type of damage, your Travelers Claim professional may need to schedule a time to inspect your watercraft to determine what needs to be repaired or replaced. In addition, if your personal property, also known as contents, has been damaged or destroyed, your Claim professional will work with you to complete an inventory of the property. The inspection and your contents inventory will be used to develop an estimate for Actual Cash Value (ACV) and Replacement Cost Value (RCV) of your damaged property.

RCV is the estimated cost of repairing a damaged item or replacing a damaged item with a similar one. ACV is the estimated value of the item or damage at the time of the loss. Generally, ACV is calculated as RCV minus depreciation.

What does the term "subrogation" mean, and how does it affect me?

Occasionally, another person may be responsible for the damage to your property. If so, Travelers may seek reimbursement from that other person or that person’s insurance carrier. Travelers’ pursuit of reimbursement is referred to as “subrogation.” We may need your cooperation with this effort. If there is a recovery, you may receive reimbursement for some or all of your deductible.

A hand holding and spraying a paint can on a wall.

Theft or vandalism?

Learn more
Woman with a red umbrella over her shoulder looking out over a field of green grass.

Prepare for and prevent damage to your property and vehicle.

Visit our Prepare & Prevent site