CyberFirst® for Public Entities
Just as public entities would not go without an insurance policy to protect themselves from a fire, they shouldn't go without protecting themselves from cyber risks. CyberFirst is a powerful, modular approach to offering cyber insurance solutions for public entities.
CyberFirst is enterprise-wide coverage specifically tailored to public entities.
It protects public entities’ bottom lines against damages they must pay because of economic loss caused by a wrongful act. It also provides:
- World-wide coverage: covers wrongful acts committed anywhere, and claims made or suits brought anywhere in the world; unless prohibited by law or regulation
- An expanded list of insureds that includes:
- Others you must insure as required by contract
- Your unnamed subsidiaries
- Employees, including permanent and temporary workers
- Independent contractors while performing duties related to your business
- Right and duty to defend covered claims and suits
- Right and duty to defend suits seeking injunctive relief for covered loss
Find an Agent
Need an Agent?
Get the personal service and attention that an agent provides.
Find a local agent in your area:
CyberFirst Coverages for Public Entities
This cutting-edge coverage protects against claims or suits for covered loss caused by the failure to prevent unauthorized access to, or use of, data containing private or confidential information of others; the failure to prevent the transmission of a computer virus; failure to provide access to authorized users of the policyholder's website or communications network; and the failure to provide notification of any actual or alleged potential unauthorized access to, or use of, data containing private or confidential information of others as required by any security breach notification law that applies to the policyholder.
This coverage protects against claims or suits for covered loss caused by infringement of copyright, title, slogan, trademark, trade name, trade dress, service mark or service name in the policyholder's covered material; the unauthorized use of any advertising material, or any slogan or title, of others in the advertising of the business, premises, products, services, work or completed work of others; and plagiarism or unauthorized use of a literary or artistic format, character or performance in the policyholder's covered material is included.
This first-party cover provides reimbursement coverage for the following optional coverages:
- Security breach notification and remediation expenses
- Crisis management service expenses
- Business interruption and additional expenses
- Extortion expenses
- Computer program and electronic data restoration expenses
- Computer fraud
- Funds transfer fraud
- Telecommunications theft
- Reputational harm
- Social engineering