A Different Kind of Performance Bond
The Expedited Dispute Resolution (EDR) Bond minimizes project disruption and avoids costly delays by allowing work to continue during a dispute. Our streamlined claims handling and adjudication process resolves disputes within 45 days, and offers up to a 100% performance guarantee. An EDR bond is available for projects in the U.S. and Canada.
We help you manage risk with contractor selection, project prequalification and ongoing monitoring. When problems do arise on a construction site, quick resolution can save the schedule, the budget and your reputation. With Travelers EDR Performance Bond, you can be confident your construction project will stay on track.
What’s different about the EDR Bond?
- Direct access to the Travelers claim professional dedicated to your project
- Limits available up to 100% of the contract price
- Coverage includes liquidated damages and warranties as specified in the contract
- Optional advance payment coverage rider
- First bond of its kind to receive the same liquidity credit from Standard & Poor’s as a 10% Letter of Credit*
* In 2014, a contractor received a 10% liquidity credit on a large construction project using the Travelers EDR Bond.
Who is this right for?
- Public Private Partnerships
- Private Construction Owners
- Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Contracts
- Capital Project Managers in Technology, Energy, Industrial or Manufacturing
- Construction Projects with Tight Timeframes/Private Financing
Insights & Expertise
This infographic shows that when problems arise, a quick resolution can save the schedule, the budget and your reputation.
See how the EDR bond compares to a Letter of Credit with this side-by-side comparison.