Public Sector Automobile
Public entities have unique automobile exposures, including fire trucks, ambulances, police cars, buses, road and street maintenance vehicles and other emergency vehicles.
Travelers provides coverage solutions for law enforcement and emergency vehicles, as well as commandeered autos and their owners. Our coverage also includes audio and radar detection equipment, intentional bodily injury and property damage caused by autos used to protect people or property.
Key coverage features – physical damage:
- No deductible applies to window glass that has been repaired rather than replaced
- Mobile coverage for audio and radar detection equipment, if part of normal inventory of vehicle
- Personal belongings in a stolen vehicle
- Fire department endorsement:
- Coverage for freezing of certain fire truck equipment
- Reimbursement of deductible for employees or volunteers using a non-owned, hired or borrowed auto while responding to an emergency
- Coverage for customized equipment attached to an emergency vehicle or public transportation auto
- Volunteer or employee firefighter auto deductible reimbursement
- Agreed value valuation
- Coverage for employees or volunteers while performing their duties as firefighters
- Umbrella excess protection
- Transit rodeos
- Expected or intended injury when protecting any person or property
This coverage is specifically designed to help protect:
Find an Agent
Need an Agent?
Get the personal service and attention that an agent provides.
Find a local agent in your area:
Specialized risk control services:
- Fleet specialists who understand the unique challenges faced by public entities in managing their fleet exposures
- Fleet Safety TravSources® — A one-stop shop for helpful fleet safety management resources, such as program guides, checklists and technical bulletins
- Travelers Virtual Risk ManagerSM — web-based fleet safety self-assessment
- DVD and computer-based training programs for drivers, including large passenger vans, pickups and medium to heavy trucks
We have one of the largest Risk Control departments in the industry, and our scale allows us to apply the right resource at the right time to meet customer needs.
Our knowledgeable Claim professionals will respond to your needs with speed, compassion, integrity and professionalism. It's our business to help keep you in business.