Inland Marine Fine Arts & Museum Insurance
Given the mobile nature of fine art and museum collections, many exposures can come into play. Art being shipped could have poor crating or packaging, leaving it open to damage in transit. A piece could be left unattended and vulnerable to theft. A collection hanging in a museum may be exposed to damage from a visitor or a bursting pipe.
Travelers understands the passion that people who manage collections have for their objects. We offer unparalleled coverage and services for our fine art customers. Whether it is a cultural institution, a large corporate collection, or the dealers and galleries who represent this industry, we have you covered.
A spectrum of paintings, sculptures, prints and multiples, and specialized collections of historical, cultural or technological significance can be insured. Coverage is available at a permanent location, in transit or while loaned to others.
We stay in-synch with the museum community so we can better serve their needs. Coverage is available for a myriad of institutions, such as those for art, history, natural history, sports, and science and technology.
The diversity in the gallery community gives us the opportunity to personalize coverage and service offerings. We work with you on your needs for specialized transit, art fairs and exhibitions as well as help you manage the risk exposures at your gallery and storage locations.
Other Associated Businesses
We work with specialized fine art shippers and operations that manage other components of this industry (e.g., art handling, crating, storage).
Who is this right for?
- Corporate collections of fine art
- Artwork and collectibles in commercial settings
- Large or small venues
- Educational facilities
- Regional collections
- Specialized institutions
- Gallery owners needing coverage for:
- Specialized transit
- Art fairs and exhibitions
Find an Agent
Need an Agent?
Get the personal service and attention that an agent provides.
Find a local agent in your area:
Related Products & Solutions
Insights & Expertise
Travelers offers Museums and Cultural Institutions customized product and service offerings. Our Inland Marine division is a Fine Art market leader that provides flexible solutions for your unique needs.
Travelers Inland Marine Network is our patented loss mitigation process that provides a competitive advantage for our customers. Our dedicated specialists in risk mitigation, Claim and special investigations identify and minimize risk to help keep your operations running smoothly. Our risk mitigation specialists can work with you before and throughout even your most highly engineered projects.
Risk Management Resources
- More than 700 Risk Control consultants countrywide, with valuable industry experience, supported by dedicated Inland Marine Specialists
- To accommodate our customers in today's fast-paced business world, we offer solutions and resources that can be delivered on-site, online and on-demand. These solutions are offered to help customers develop strategies to minimize their exposures and/or disruptions resulting from property damage
Our skillfully trained investigators help deliver optimal claim outcomes for our customers by actively pursuing avenues of recovery 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for all cargo and other specialty losses.
- 30,000 employees are available to help in the event of a catastrophe
- Claim Accounting Services offer a sophisticated, in-depth evaluation of our customers’ business interruption losses
- 24/7 loss reporting, online or by phone