What's at stake?
Cyber events can have a significant impact on your customers, your employees and your bottom line.
Think it can never happen to your business ... consider these events:
- Your employee accidentally - or deliberately - sends an email containing private customer information
- An employee laptop or smartphone containing private customer information is lost or stolen during travel
- A credit card company calls to inform you that credit cards used at your business where compromised through your point of sale system
A hacker gains unauthorized access to your network and steals private customer and employee information
What would a cyber event cost your company ... consider these expenses that could result from a data breach or attack:
- Forensics and investigations
- Victim notifications
- Retrieval or restoration of data
- Crisis management
- Public relations
- Loss of customers
Businesses and organizations of all sizes at risk for a cyber attack or data breach. Even the most sophisticated systems have vulnerabilities and the human element of lost laptops, misplacing a paper file or opening an email attachment can affect your company. As no system is fool proof there is a need for cyber insurance to cover expenses associated with a breach. Travelers offers cyber insurance solutions that provide coverage and resources to help your business address the potentially devastating impacts of a variety of cyber events.
Insights & Expertise
Travelers Cyber Advantage
Travelers helps businesses understand and demystify Cyber coverage.
A look at how small- to mid-sized companies are vulnerable, what is at stake, and methods to help protect against hacking and data breaches.
As data breaches become increasingly complex, a new role has emerged to help organizations navigate their response and recovery.