Flood insurance policies are offered by our trusted partner Neptune Flood – a leading flood insurance provider. Neptune Flood offers a private alternative to the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). Neptune Flood offers up to $4 million of building coverage and $500,000 for your contents. Best of all, Neptune Flood makes it easy to determine your cost of flood insurance.
As a homeowner, protecting your property from Mother Nature is always a key concern. But many people do not realize that most homeowners policies do not cover damage caused by flood. You don’t need to live on the coast to be at risk for flooding. Rivers, dams, heavy snowmelt and pouring rain can all lead to unexpected and sudden flooding of your home. In fact, 25% of flood claims happen outside what the federal government labels as “high risk” zones.1
On top of offering higher limits on dwelling and contents coverage, Neptune Flood provides additional coverage options that are not available through the NFIP to help protect more of your home and keep your life moving forward in the aftermath of a flood.
Additional Coverage to Help Protect Your Home from Flooding
Many people find out too late that they are at risk for flooding, and even worse, that their property insurance policy does not cover damage caused by flood. A flood insurance policy can provide the specialized coverage you need to help protect your home, apartment or condo from rising waters.
Neptune Flood offers an option to add coverages to help protect your assets that are not covered in the National Flood Insurance Program. Additional coverages are available by endorsement and include:
- Temporary Living Expenses (up to $10,000): If you are unable to live in your home as a result of a covered loss, Neptune Flood will reimburse up to $100 per day for temporary housing and up to $35 per day for food for each family member residing in the home during this time, for up to three months.
- Basement Contents (up to $10,000): The NFIP provides very limited coverage for contents located in a basement including air conditioners, washer/dryer and freezers. If you have furniture or other personal property in a basement, it would not be covered under the NFIP in the event of a flood loss. If you have personal property in a basement, you will want to consider adding this coverage with Neptune Flood.**
- Pool Repair and Refill (up to $10,000): The NFIP specifically excludes coverage for swimming pools. With this endorsement, Neptune Flood offers coverage for swimming pool repair and refill costs.
- Unattached Structures on Property (up to $50,000): Neptune Flood will pay for covered damage to unattached structures up to the total limit purchased.***
**This limit is in addition to Coverage B and covers eligible personal property located in a basement as defined in the policy.
***This limit is in addition to Coverage A.
Is Your Home at Risk for a Flood?
- Floods are the most common and widespread of all weather-related natural disasters.2
- The average flood payout by the NFIP for homes is $52,000.2
- According to FEMA, 25% of all flood claims are located outside of “high risk” A and V zones.3
Flood Insurance Eligibility with Neptune Flood
- 1-4 family dwelling, including condos for unit owners.
Homes that are NOT eligible for flood insurance through Neptune Flood:
- Properties with more than one flood loss, or a flood loss greater than $25,000.
- Manufactured or mobile homes.
- A building located partially or entirely in, on or over water.
- CBRA (Coastal Barrier Resources System) properties.
If you are not eligible for a policy through Neptune Flood, our Travelers-owned agency, InsuraMatch, can provide you with a quote for flood insurance with the NFIP or another carrier.
Get a Flood Insurance Quote Today
To get a free, no-obligation quote from Neptune Flood, get a quote online or call InsuraMatch at 1.844.719.2120 to speak with a licensed agent.
Protect your home the way it protects you by choosing the property insurance coverage that meets your needs.
This liability coverage may go above and beyond your car and home insurance policies to help protect you from unexpected events.
Renters insurance can help to cover more than your personal property. It can help to protect you from personal liability, so you can rest easy.
Tools & Resources
Looking for information on how to help protect your property from flood damage? These tips can help you protect your home before, during and after a flood.
Home automation technology is on the rise, and with it, a number of new security and safety concerns.
Taking immediate short-term steps and planning long-term measures can help to prepare your home to better withstand common cause of property damage.