skip to main content

Loss of use coverage

Loss of use coverage for additional living expenses

If damage to your home is covered by your policy, and you have to leave it during repairs, where would you stay? Would the cost of a hotel or temporary apartment fit into your budget? Not to worry. A Travelers homeowners policy can help cover you.

Travelers Loss of Use coverage pays for the additional costs you incur for reasonable housing and living expenses if a covered event makes your house temporarily uninhabitable while it's being repaired or rebuilt. Speak with an agent or Travelers representative to understand how much loss of use coverage is available to you under your policy.

Be confident in your insurance choices. Contact your agent or Travelers representative today. We'll work with you to develop a homeowners insurance policy that fits your needs and your budget.

The information on this site is general in nature. Any description of coverage is necessarily simplified. Whether a particular loss is covered depends on the specific facts and the provisions, exclusions and limits of the actual policy. Nothing on this site alters the terms or conditions of any of our policies. You should read the policy for a complete description of coverage. Coverage options, limits, discounts and deductibles are subject to availability and to individuals meeting our underwriting criteria. Not all features available in all areas.

Insurance is underwritten by The Travelers Indemnity Company and its property casualty affiliates, One Tower Square, Hartford, CT. For a complete list of personal insurance underwriting companies, click here.