Travelers Marine General Liability Insurance
Maritime risks are vast and your exposures go beyond the water. Travelers Marine General Liability (MGL), the core of our marine liability protection, covers general liability exposures on an occurrence basis. We can tailor this protection to meet your needs by providing coverage for a wide range of marine liability exposures – even those traditionally written separately. Travelers can create a customized marine liability package to help ensure that your maritime operation stays afloat.
Marine General Liability Insurance
Key coverage features built into the MGL policy include broad contractual liability coverage and a worldwide coverage territory.
Optional coverage features available by endorsement:
- Broad form additional insured
- Employee benefits liability coverage
- Liquor liability coverage
- Non-owned and hired auto liability coverage
- Stop-gap liability coverage
- Limited sudden and accidental pollution buyback
Who is this right for?
- Boat dealers and manufacturers
- Ship/boat repairers
- Terminal operators
- Vessel charterers
- Crew / supply boat operators
- Excursion and sightseeing vessel operators
- Ferry operators
- Marine contractors
- Pilot associations
- Research vessel operators
- Tug and barge operators
- Workboat operators
Find an Agent
Need an Agent?
Get the personal service and attention that an agent provides.
Find a local agent in your area:
We can also create a policy to include legal liability coverages for additional exposures including:
- Marina operator's legal liability - for property damage to watercraft, not owned by the insured, in the insured's care for purposes of repair, alterations, maintenance, storage, mooring, hauling, launching and fueling.
- Marine contractor's liability - for property damage to marine structures occurring while such property is in the insured's care, custody or control for the purposes of repair or alteration.
- Ship repairer's legal liability - for property damage to watercraft in the insured's care for purposes of repair or alteration.
- Stevedore's legal liability - for property damage to watercraft and cargo on board resulting from the insured's loading and unloading of watercraft at port.
- Terminal operator's legal liability - for property damage to watercraft and cargo on board while such watercraft is in the care of the insured for the purpose of berthing, docking, loading or unloading.
- Wharfinger's legal liability - for property damage to watercraft and cargo on board while such watercraft is in the insured's care for purposes of berthing or docking.
Related Products & Solutions
Travelers Ocean Marine Risk Control Specialists have valuable industry experience and can help customers identify ocean marine exposures and develop strategies to impact those exposures.
Some of our resources include:
- On-site consultation, conducted by professionals from a team of over 700 Risk Control Consultants, supported by dedicated marine specialists.
- A team approach with both customers and agents.
- Deploying the Travelers Special Investigations Group (SIG) that can work directly with clients in developing theft prevention and recovery strategies.
- Assisting customers with business continuity planning, using our online and on-demand resources to help minimize operational disruptions, should a loss occur.
- Assisting customers with business continuity planning tools, to help them identify critical areas for consideration and minimize operational disruptions, before a loss occurs.
Additionally, Travelers Ocean Marine Risk Control offers extended global services through a select network of marine surveyors.
Ocean marine customers have specialized needs and require high-quality claim services that complement their unique business requirements. Knowing this, Travelers has dedicated professionals specializing in cargo, hull and marine liability.