Bumbershoot (Marine Umbrella) Insurance
Seeking extra protection against unexpected losses? Go beyond the commercial umbrella policy with a broader coverage that includes waterborne exposures. We offer excess liability protection over both marine and non-marine coverages, including auto liability, general liability and employer's liability.
Coverage highlights include:
- Automatic additional insureds
- Worldwide coverage
- "Pay on behalf of" coverage for the policyholder's liability
- Property damage liability coverage, including "loss of use" of tangible property not physically injured
- Personal and advertising injury coverage
Who is this right for?
- Boat dealers and manufacturers
- Ship repairers
- Terminal operators
- Vessel charterers
- Port authorities
- Marine operators
Find an Agent
Need an Agent?
Get the personal service and attention that an agent provides.
Find a local agent in your area:
Related Products & Solutions
Insights & Expertise
Business continuity planning can help protect you from long-term risks. Build a business continuity plan with these 4 steps.
A properly arranged, maintained and monitored system can help you to better protect your property.
Travelers Ocean Marine Risk Control Specialists have valuable industry experience and can help customers identify ocean marine exposures and develop strategies to impact those exposures.
Some of our resources include:
- On-site consultation, conducted by professionals from a team of over 700 Risk Control Consultants, supported by dedicated marine specialists.
- A team approach with both customers and agents.
- Deploying the Travelers Special Investigations Group (SIG) that can work directly with clients in developing theft prevention and recovery strategies.
- Assisting customers with business continuity planning, using our online and on-demand resources to help minimize operational disruptions, should a loss occur.
- Assisting customers with business continuity planning tools, to help them identify critical areas for consideration and minimize operational disruptions, before a loss occurs.
Additionally, Travelers Ocean Marine Risk Control offers extended global services through a select network of marine surveyors.
Ocean marine customers have specialized needs and require high-quality claim services that complement their unique business requirements. Knowing this, Travelers has dedicated professionals specializing in cargo, hull and marine liability.