Hull and Watercraft Insurance
Extreme weather, an accident or collision can put your valuable vessel out of commission. Travelers Commercial Hull provides coverage for physical damage to the hull, machinery, and equipment of commercial vessels. We also cover property damage resulting from collision with other vessels.
Written in conjunction with commercial hull, Protection and Indemnity (P&I) coverage protects the vessel owner against legal liabilities arising out of negligence in the operation of a vessel. Coverage includes liability for both property damage and bodily injury.
Commercial Hull and Protection and Indemnity (P&I)
Travelers Commercial Hull and Protection and Indemnity (P&I) coverages can protect you against physical damage to the ship and legal liability.
Hull coverage additions can include:
- Tower's liability
- War risks
- Strikes, riots and civil commotions
- Increased value
- Mortgage interest
- Builders' risk
Who is this right for?
- Crew / supply boat operators
- Excursion and sightseeing vessel operators
- Ferry operators
- Pilot boat operators
- Police and fire boats
- Research vessel operators
- Tug and barge operators
- Workboat operators
Find an Agent
Need an Agent?
Get the personal service and attention that an agent provides.
Find a local agent in your area:
Related Products & Solutions
Travelers offers excess liability protection over both marine and non-marine coverages, including auto liability, general liability and employer's liability.
Travelers Marine General Liability, the core of our marine liability protection, covers general liability exposures on an occurrence basis.
Travelers understands the challenges and nuances of the waterfront and has a portfolio of insurance solutions to meet your needs.
Insights & Expertise
Help protect your business with this 5-minute test to identify weaknesses in your supply chain.
Developing a plan in advance can help businesses weather unexpected emergencies.
Travelers Ocean Marine Risk Control Specialists have valuable industry experience and can help customers identify ocean marine exposures and develop strategies to impact those exposures.
Some of our resources include:
- On-site consultation, conducted by professionals from a team of over 700 risk control consultants, supported by dedicated marine specialists.
- A team approach with both customers and agents.
- Deploying the Travelers Special Investigations Group (SIG) that can work directly with clients in developing theft prevention and recovery strategies.
- Assisting customers with Business Continuity Planning, using our online and on-demand resources to help minimize operational disruptions, should a loss occur.
- Assisting customers with business continuity planning tools, to help them identify critical areas for consideration and minimize operational disruptions, before a loss occurs.
Additionally, Travelers Ocean Marine Risk Control offers extended global services through a select network of marine surveyors.
Ocean marine customers have specialized needs and require high-quality claim services that complement their unique business requirements. Knowing this, Travelers has dedicated professionals specializing in cargo, hull and marine liability.