Teen Driving Statistics
Consider these sobering statistics on teen driving:
- Automobile accidents are the number one killer of our nation's youth.
- Drivers under the age of 20 were involved in 13% of all accidents, yet they account for only 5% of all drivers.
- 5,000 teenagers die each year from auto accidents.
- Alcohol is responsible for almost half of all teen motor vehicle deaths.
- 25% of all teen accidents involve speeding.
- Half of all teenage traffic fatalities occur between 6:00 p.m. Friday and 3:00 a.m. Sunday.
- In one year, drivers 19 and under were involved in close to 3 million motor vehicle accidents.
- The price of a bad decision can include injury to yourself or others, loss of life, loss of life style or loss of personal freedom.