2013 Consumer Risk Index
What types of risks concern Americans the most in their daily lives? The Travelers Consumer Risk Index is a new, annual survey that provides insight into the types of risks that individuals and families believe are most prevalent — and concerning — in their everyday lives. By identifying those trends, we can help consumers take practical steps to prepare for the unexpected and manage those risks.
From financial concerns and concerns over identity theft, to personal safety and extreme weather, the Travelers Consumer Risk Index identifies a number of different issues that worry Americans most. The full report provides a detailed overview of the key data and trends behind the Consumer Risk Index.
Infographics — the Data Tells the Story
Check out, download and share these infographics that tell the story behind the top issues that made the 2013 Travelers Consumer Risk Index.
- Top 5 Concerns
- Severe Weather Becoming more Frequent?
- Personal Privacy Issues Rise in a Digital World
- Emerging Risks – Distracted Driving and Pedestrians
Select Media Coverage
- The Hartford Courant, "Insurer's Survey: Americans Believe the World is Getting Riskier", http://www.courant.com/business/hc-travelers-consumer-survey-risk-20130916,0,817681.story
- ABC News Radio, "Travelers Releases Consumer Risk Index", http://abcnewsradioonline.com/business-news/travelers-insurance-releases-first-ever-consumer-risk-index.html#ixzz2fAUUWUHX
- WHAM-TV (ABC) Rochester, NY, "Pat Gee Discusses the Consumer Risk Index", http://www.13wham.com/news/features/this-morning/stories/917-consumer-risk-index-712.shtml
- Hartford Business Journal, "Americans Think World is Getting Riskier", http://www.hartfordbusiness.com/article/20130917/NEWS01/130919919
- Insurance Journal, "The Top Risks Americans Face in Their Everyday Lives", http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/national/2013/09/17/305281.htm
Learn More from the 2013 Travelers Consumer Risk Index
Top 5 Concerns
Severe Weather Becoming more Frequent?
Personal Privacy Issues Rise in a Digital World
Emerging Risks – Distracted Driving and Pedestrians