Public Sector General Liability
General liability insurance provides coverage for the unique exposures of public entities, including cities, counties, public utilities, transits, schools and other special districts and American Indian nations.
Key Coverage Features
Coverage applies to:
- Public entity's premises and operations within the coverage territory, unless specifically excluded
- Bodily injury, property damage, personal injury and advertising injury liability
- Damage to premises rented to you
- Host liquor liability
- Non-owned watercraft (50 feet or less)
- Owned watercraft (less than 25 feet)
- Contract liability
- Mobile equipment liability
- Bodily injury or property damage arising only out of for the discharge, release or escape of: pesticides, herbicides, fungicide or fertilizer; chemicals used in sewage treatment/water purification/swimming pool maintenance; pollutants used in firefighting or emergency response services (coverage subject to certain requirements)
- Failure to supply - limited coverage for utility operations
- Sewage back-up
- Cemetery professional services liability
- Professional health care and social services liability (nurses, emergency medical technicians, social service professionals, coroners)
- Per occurrence deductible
- Limited abuse or molestation liability
- Employee benefits liability
- Liquor liability coverage
- Commercial excess liability (umbrella)
Consideration for statutory tort caps and immunity protection
Find an Agent
Need an Agent?
Get the personal service and attention that an agent provides.
Find a local agent in your area:
Specialized Risk Control Services:
Dedicated Risk Control specialists are experienced with the potential liability associated with playground and recreation exposures such as dog parks, skateboard parks, climbing walls and swimming pools.
- Swimming pools – an online collection of resources for pool owners and managers, including guides, checklists and examples
- Parks and recreation – guidance for unique activities, including special events, playgrounds, skateboard parks and climbing walls
- Athletic programs: Playing it Safe – a guide to managing the potential risks from organized sports programs
- Travelers Virtual Risk ManagerSM – web-based "Slip, Trip and Fall Prevention" and "General Liability" self-assessments to identify areas for safety program improvement
We have one of the largest Risk Control departments in the industry, and our scale allows us to apply the right resource at the right time to meet customer needs.
Our knowledgeable Claim professionals will respond to your needs with speed, compassion, integrity and professionalism. It's our business to help keep you in business.