Transportation, Cargo and Logistics Insurance
Cargo theft is a $30 billion a year business.1 Although the number of thefts per year have gone down, thieves have been targeting higher value merchandise, resulting in a 36% rise in the average value of thefts.2 Theft is not the only risk, cargo faces a number of exposures that can result in damage while in a warehouse or in transit.
We understand that protecting goods from the point of departure to point of delivery is a necessity. Travelers Inland Marine will help navigate a clear route for your transportation or other logistic insurance needs, so you can stay focused on your business.
Insurance for your property while it is in transit on your own vehicles or through a public or contract motor carrier, rail or air carrier. Our transportation policy will keep your business operating in the event of a loss while we determine the extent of the carrier's legal liability. This coverage is vital to businesses utilizing just-in-time delivery methods.
Who is this right for?
Cargo and Logistics
The trucking industry does not have a standard definition of what services a carrier or logistics provider offers, so we offer Cargo Pak® and Cargo and Logistics Pak®, which can be tailored to your specific operation.
Travelers offers specialized coverage for the commodities and services you are legally obligated to insure. The coverage is flexible to match to businesses, while unique valuation and liability issues are considered.
Who is this right for?
- Motor carriers
- Freight forwarders
- Logistic service providers/Freight brokers
Find an Agent
Need an Agent?
Get the personal service and attention that an agent provides.
Find a local agent in your area:
Related Products & Solutions
Insights & Expertise
A formal fleet safety program can help maximize fleet efficiency, enhance safety and more.
Travelers' specially-designed 'sting trailers' help companies reduce their risk of cargo theft.
Cargo theft continues to create challenges for the transportation industry affecting every stage in the cargo chain. Knowing how to protect cargo along the way is key to successful deliveries.
Travelers Inland Marine Network is our patented loss mitigation process that provides a competitive advantage for our customers. Our dedicated specialists in risk mitigation, Claim and special investigations identify and minimize risk to help keep your operations running smoothly. Our risk mitigation specialists can work with you before and throughout even your most highly engineered projects.
Risk Management Resources
- More than 700 Risk Control consultants countrywide, with valuable industry experience, supported by dedicated Inland Marine Specialists
- To accommodate our customers in today's fast-paced business world, we offer solutions and resources that can be delivered on-site, online and on-demand. These solutions are offered to help customers develop strategies to minimize their exposures and/or disruptions resulting from property damage
Our skillfully trained investigators help deliver optimal claim outcomes for our customers by actively pursuing avenues of recovery 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for all cargo and other specialty losses.
- 30,000 employees are available to help in the event of a catastrophe
- Claim Accounting Services offer a sophisticated, in-depth evaluation of our customers’ business interruption losses
- 24/7 loss reporting, online or by phone