Public sector insurance services Public entity general liability insurance
General liability coverage provided for unique exposures of public entities including cities, counties, public utilities, transits, schools, other special districts and American Indian nations.
Key coverage features
- Applies to all of public entity's premises and operations within the coverage territory, unless specifically excluded
- Bodily injury and property damage liability, including use of reasonable force to protect persons or property
- Personal injury and advertising injury liability
- Leased premises legal liability
- Host liquor liability
- Non-owned watercraft (less than 75 feet)
- Owned watercraft (less than 25 feet)
- Contract liability
- Mobile equipment liability
- Pollution coverage for application or use of pesticides, herbicides, certain water treatment chemicals and pollutants used in fire fighting or emergency response services
- Consideration for statutory tort caps and immunity protection
- Failure to supply for utility operations
- Sewer back up liability
- Cemetery professional liability
- Professional liability for emergency medical technicians
- Professional liability for nurses and social service professionals
- Per occurrence deductible
- Abuse and molestation coverage
- Employee benefit plans administration liability protection
- Liquor liability protection
- Umbrella excess protection
Risk control services
- Dedicated risk control specialists familiar with the potential liability associated with playground and recreation exposures such as dog parks, skateboard parks, climbing walls and swimming pools
- Swimming Pool TravSourcesSM Essential information for pool owners and managers
- Travelers Virtual Risk ManagerSM Web-based "Slip, Trip and Fall Prevention" and "General Liability" self assessments to identify areas for safety program improvement
For further information or to purchase Public Sector insurance products and services from Travelers, please contact an independent insurance agent or broker.
Travelers agents can visit Agent HQ SM for exclusive content. If you experience any difficulty logging in, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Agency Automation at 800.842.2522.
If you are interested in becoming a Travelers agent, please visit our Become an Agent page.