skip to main content

Collision coverage

If you're in an accident with another vehicle or object – or your vehicle overturns – your collision coverage will pay for the covered damage to your vehicle. The maximum amount you'd receive is the actual cash value of your vehicle minus the deductible you chose for this coverage.

Key points about collision insurance:

  • In order to purchase collision coverage, you must also purchase comprehensive coverage.
  • Both collision and comprehensive coverage are generally required if you have a loan or lease on your vehicle.
  • Choose a deductible with an out-of-pocket cost you're comfortable with should an accident occur.

Coverages and limits may vary by state. Check with a Travelers representative to find out what's available in your state.

See how your insurance performs

Share this page

The information on this site is general in nature. Any description of coverage is necessarily simplified. Whether a particular loss is covered depends on the specific facts and the provisions, exclusions and limits of the actual policy. Nothing on this site alters the terms or conditions of any of our policies. You should read the policy for a complete description of coverage. Coverage options, limits, discounts, packages, deductibles, repair options, billing options and other features are subject to availability and to individuals meeting our underwriting criteria. Not all features available in all areas.

Insurance is underwritten by The Travelers Indemnity Company and its property casualty affiliates, One Tower Square, Hartford, CT, 06183. For a complete list of personal insurance underwriting companies, click here.

Start Now Find an Agent

Understanding the coverages you need

Understanding the coverages you need

Use our Auto Insurance Basics tool to help you understand common coverages and available options.

Learn More »