Umbrella - Small Business
Statistics show that less than half of small business owners feel they have adequate liability limits1. An Umbrella policy can add an additional layer of protection to help safeguard your assets if a catastrophic loss should occur.
So what happens if your business is sued and the settlement amount exceeds the liability limits of your primary insurance policy, or you have multiple claims and the limits are exhausted? Not having adequate coverage for catastrophic losses can leave your business exposed.
The coverage provided by your primary general liability, automobile liability or employers’ liability policies should protect you in most situations. However, if a catastrophic event impacts your business, the coverage limits provided by your primary insurance policy may not cover the entire loss.
- An affordable second line of defense to protect your business beyond your primary insurance.
- Provides higher limits of liability for automobile, general liability, and employers liability.
- Can cover exposure gaps by kicking in where your primary insurance ends.
- Not just for large companies - limits up to $25 million may be available for all small business types.
Even seemingly minor accidents can leave your business vulnerable to a major lawsuit.
Consider these liability risks...
- A customer is injured when falling down slippery steps, causing injuries that require long-term care.
- An employee in a company vehicle rushes through a traffic light, resulting in an accident that causes severe injury and property damage.
- During the course of a workday, one of your employees causes an accident that severely injures a vendor.
Find an Agent
Need an Agent?
Get the personal service and attention that an agent provides.
Find a local agent in your area:
Related Products & Solutions
Combines property and liability insurance to provide a bundled, affordable solution that meets the general needs of your small business.
Whether you have employees driving occasionally to an off-site meeting or a fleet of drivers delivering products to customers every day, Travelers can help protect your business on the road.
Unfortunately, mistakes can happen. Protect your business from liability risks resulting from professional services, advice or recommendations provided by your business.
We have one of the largest Risk Control departments in the industry, and our scale allows us to apply the right resource at the right time to meet customer needs.
Our knowledgeable Claim professionals will respond to your needs with speed, compassion, integrity and professionalism. It's our business to help keep you in business.