Protecting your business is as important to us as it is to you—particularly when dealing with large losses beyond what your primary insurance can cover. Travelers provides an extra layer of protection with monoline umbrella and excess liability through our Travelers Excess Casualty unit. Dedicated underwriting, actuarial and claim teams leverage industry expertise and specialization to deliver a total cost of risk solution, providing peace of mind to our customers for their largest and most complex losses.
Excess Casualty and Commercial Umbrella
- Lead and excess coverage
- $25 million in capacity
- Ability to write admitted and non-admitted paper
- Ability to schedule media professional liability for printers, publishers and broadcasters
- Excess over personal umbrella coverage, aircraft, foreign and miscellaneous professional liability
- Most Favored Jurisdiction Endorsement, which provides admitted coverage for punitive damages
- Crisis Management Endorsement- Optional endorsement that helps companies manage negative publicity associated with a crisis event covered under the policy
- Flexible self-insured retention (SIR) requirement
Who is this right for?
- A wide variety of manufacturers
- Building owners & landlords
- Hotels & motels
- Auto dealers
- Contractors (Practice and Wrap Up solutions)
- Grocery stores
- Department stores
- Financial institutions & insurance companies
- Risk Purchasing Groups
- Newspapers, broadcasters, publishers and other media companies
- Captive business
Find an Agent
Need an Agent?
Get the personal service and attention that an agent provides.
Find a local agent in your area:
Related Products & Solutions
Travelers has the products, services and expertise to meet a wide range of international insurance needs in over 120 countries worldwide.
Provides organizations of all sizes coverage to help protect against data breaches and other fast-evolving cyber exposures.
Offers liability and physical damage protection for your business automobile(s) and for employee drivers.
Travelers offers a wide range of general liability options to help protect your business.
Policies that fit your unique responsibilities and exposures – whether you’re a private, public, nonprofit or a financial institution.
Travelers has been providing workers compensation coverage for more than 100 years, and we have built a broad range of innovative services, all delivered locally in your community.
Insights & Expertise
Learn about 6 trending facts contributing to today's catastrophic liability risks.
Emerging technologies, changing standards and a shortage of skilled labor can present increased potential for construction defect exposure.
Large verdict awards are becoming increasingly common. See how they've punctured excess and umbrella layers in the National Law Journal's Top 100 Verdicts of 2015.
Learning where your business falls on the limits scale can help you determine the level of liability coverage you may need.
Travelers surveyed attendees to find out how their companies purchase umbrella and excess liability insurance. See what liability claim advice your peers shared.
We have one of the largest Risk Control departments in the industry, and our scale allows us to apply the right resource at the right time to meet customer needs.
Our knowledgeable Claim professionals will respond to your needs with speed, compassion, integrity and professionalism. It's our business to help keep you in business.